From Mat to Model-Worthy: 10 Comfy and Chic Yoga Pants You Can Wear Anywhere
I don’t think I'm alone when I say that I wish I could wear my yoga pants everywhere. Whether I'm headed to work or to the grocery store, sometimes I just don't want to have to change out of my yoga kit after a session on the mat. Luckily for you (and me), there's a pair of yoga pants out there for every outfit and occasion! Whether you're feeling daring or low-key, these effortless styles will make you look as good as your yoga pants make you feel.
1. Don’t be afraid to go beyond the basics. A classic (but not neutral) colour like burgundy or khaki can take you through every season. Pair with a cosy, oversized jumper on cool days or a drape-y top for sunny days. If you're feeling bold, throw on some statement jewellery; the classic look of these yoga bottoms mean you can accessorize for days.
2. You know the only thing better than yoga pants? Yoga pants with pockets! Functional and comfortable, this pair is perfect for lazy days when you just can't be bothered to dig inside your purse for something (or even take one with you). With this flattering, relaxed cut, throw on a fitted top and a pair of low-top sneakers and you're ready to go!
3. Want to look high-fashion when you're feeling low-effort? With the right fitted jacket or blazer, you'll be the most put-together yogi you know in this jumpsuit. No need to choose between your yoga session and after work drinks anymore! I know, I know, they aren't technically pants, but you'll feel so relaxed and productive I'm sure you’ll let it slide.
4. There’s no reason to run home when you can go straight from the office to the studio! Look sharp and feel great with a classic black yoga pant under a button-down. With this straight cut and figure-shaping design, no one will notice they’re yoga bottoms. Don’t worry, we won’t tell!
5. Feeling a little blah? Want to shake things up? Dare to make a statement with your yoga leggings and spice up your go-to outfit. Swap out your favourite jeans for a yoga pant in a bright colour or big print and look effortlessly eye-catching, no assembly required.
6. A fitted, drawstring black drawstring trouser can be worn anywhere, from work to a night out or while sightseeing on holiday. Why not add the gym to that list? A relaxed pair of drawstring yoga bottoms look great with just about anything. We’d wear them with a tucked in t-shirt and flats or a crop top and strappy sandal. Feel free to do sun salutations wherever you are.
7. Incorporating yoga pants into your everyday look can be daunting. Conquer your fear of the fitted look with a pair like this. The fold over skirt adds a bit of modesty, whether you’re in down-dog or picking the kids up from day-care. Balance out the look with a cropped cardigan or jacket.
8. Little details can make a look. A cut-out or mesh panel feature can take even your most basic workout look from sporty to stylish. A great pair of moisture wicking leggings like these means you’ll never have to worry about embarrassing sweat marks whether you’re meeting with a client or grabbing coffee with friends.
9. You’ll have legs for days rocking a pair of black high-waisted, stirrup pants. Pull your hair into a bun and grab your ballerina flats for an always-stylish dancer vibe or throw on a bright jumper and pointy toe shoes for an updated 80s feel.
10. Channel style-icon Audrey Hepburn in a pair of jet-black, cropped leggings. This length looks great on everyone, no matter your height and a seamless design means you’ll never look rumpled. Pair it with slogan tee and some converse if you’re feeling sassy or add a black turtleneck and some loafers, for that classic artsy look.
Sign up to our newsletter and receive 10% off your first order, events & exclusive subscriber only events here
is a yoga advocate and writer with three yoga books to her name, including the beloved travel memoir Yoga School Dropout. She writes regularly for the national press, has authored over 150 guides to types of yoga and yoga poses, discovered nearly 250 proven health benefits of yoga through her painstaking classification of 300 clinical studies, and collected more than 500 personal testimonials to the real life benefits of yoga. She is also the creator of our yoga shop – YogaClicks.Store – handpicking yoga brands that are beautifully made by yogis committed to environmental and social sustainability.